- July 12, 2021
- Posted by: tacapitalinvestments
- Categories: capital group, capital group bitcoin, capital group crypto, capital group cryptocurrency, capital international, capital international bitcoin, Common Shares, Finance, microstrategy, MSTR, mstr stock
Major asset management firm Capital International has gained exposure to bitcoin through investing in almost 1 million shares of Microstrategy which now holds more than 100K bitcoins.
- Capital International Investors (CII) informed the SEC in a filing dated July 12 that it has purchased shares of Microstrategy’s Class A common stock (MSTR). The filing states:
CII is deemed to be the beneficial owner of 953,242 shares or 12.2% of the 7,782,568 shares believed to be outstanding.
- Capital International is a division of Capital Group, a global investment management firm established in Los Angeles, California, in 1931. The firm ranks among the world’s oldest and largest investment management organizations, with over $2.2 trillion in assets under management as of Dec. 31, 2020.
- Microstrategy has been acquiring bitcoin as its key strategy. On June 21, CEO Michael Saylor announced that his company’s bitcoin holdings had reached 105,085 BTC acquired for about $2.741 billion at an average price of approximately $26,080 per bitcoin.
- At the time of writing, Microstrategy’s bitcoins are worth more than $3.62 billion.
What do you think about Capital International gaining bitcoin exposure by buying almost 1 million shares of Microstrategy? Let us know in the comments section below.